Turning Potential Into Ability

Or not in my case...

Sunday 28 November 2010

Snowball Wins The Hearts of Many

It has been a turbulent few weeks for Ben Snowball. The words, 'You'll be out for between six months and a year' echoing through his mind like a girls scream in an alleyway. To compound his misery further the taxi lady drove off with his MRI results whilst he innocently searched for his customary 20p tip. Aggravation is an emotion he is certainly experiencing.

Fresh from clocking a new PB in the inaugural 'run to campus in inappropriate attire' event, it was thought his life had turned for the good. 'I really think he can win BUCS' was just one of hundreds of uplifting messages of support for the comeback.

Snowball was quoted as saying, 'Even if I am out for another year, when I last checked the Olympics were just under two years away, so I'll be fine.'

It was widely reported that he managed 25 press-ups unaided at a recent circuits session, and there was a certain air of optimism about Loughborough again. Always a favourite with the clubs members, after they all recieved shout outs on the hit radio show Bedtimes with Ben and Friends (Tuesday's 9pm-11pm...), there is no doubt Snowball is the man to bring glory back to Loughborough.

And the Surrey man isn't just focused on getting his athletics career back on track. He's now exploring the route of fashion. 'I wore a yellow sock and an orange sock to training. I was just expressing myself.' Topman went on to dub it, "The future of phalanges".

And he's promised runners around the globe that he will line up for the BUCS cross country. 'Whatever my condition, I will be there.' Strong words from an inspiring man, captain and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment